End User Registration
“Registration will be opening soon.”
Welcome to End User Registration to the SecurMed UKMVS.
This page contains important information to help you progress smoothly with your Registration, so please read all of this page before proceeding.
- Requestor – The person who can Register End User Locations
- End User Location – The Name of Legal Entity and Address Location from which medicines are dispensed
- End User Location Contact – The person authorised to dispense medicines from that location and receive the logon access credentials
- End User Location Function – The principle function of the dispensing location (e.g. Pharmacy, Dispensing Surgery, Wholesaler)
- Software Supplier – The vendor of the software you will use to access the UKMVS
- User Name and Password – The login credentials required to access the UKMVS
- Software Certificate – A small piece of code which works in unison with the User Name and Password to verify the End User Location to the UKMVS. Depending on your IT setup this may be installed on all terminals or computers within the End User Location or may be installed on a central server through which all dispensing transactions are routed from the terminals or computers in the location.
- Single Registration – Registration of a Single End User Location for a single Function. An End User Location which has more than a single function will require a Single Registration for each function at the same location
- Bulk Registrations – Registration of multiple End User Locations within the same Parent Company or Group at the same time.
The first step for registration will be to create an account for your Requestor role.
The Requestor will be able to register the End User Location, an End User Location Contact and a Software Supplier. As the Requestor you will be able to save progress and return later if required or register more End User Locations.
You will need to register a person as an End User Location Contact for your Location, however in the UK, it is the End User Location which will be the recognised ‘End User’ of the UKMVS. This means you do NOT need to register every person as a User within your Location.
We recommend that if you have up to five End User Locations to register that you complete a Single registration for each, as this may be easier and as fast as downloading and uploading a multi-user registration form.
If your End User Location performs more than one function, for example a Pharmacy and a Wholesaler, you will need to register each function separately as individual End User Locations.
Before you start, you will need to have the following information available:
- Name of Legal Entity and Address for the End User Location
- End User Location Function(s)
- Registration Body for the Location and Registration ID
- Name, Email and Business Phone for the End User Location Contact
- Your Software Supplier Name, Software Name and Version
If you do not have all the information at this time, you will be able to save progress and come back later to complete the registration. Registration cannot be completed before all the required information is provided.
If you have not yet chosen a Software Supplier, you can select one from this page: Software Supplier List, and arrange to contract directly with them. This is not a definitive list of Software Suppliers, others may be available.
SecurMed UK are not affiliated with any Software Suppliers and do not recommend any particular company. It is your responsibility to select and contract with the Software Supplier most suited to your needs.
If you are registering on behalf of an End User Location, you will also need to ensure that you are warranted to accept the End User Licence Agreement (EULA) by a suitable authority within the entity you are registering. A copy of the EULA is available here (link coming soon), so that you can forward to the person on whose behalf you are accepting for the End User Location. Note: Failure to gain suitable warranty may mean that you are personally liable for any breaches of the EULA by the entity going forward.
When You Have Completed Registration What Happens Next?
Under the FMD regulations SecurMed UK are required to check that the End User Locations entered are authorised locations for the dispensing of medicines.
If there are any issues with the data entered one of our customer service team will contact you to rectify or confirm your data.
Your data is held in full compliance with GDPR. You can find our Privacy Notice here
Note: If your preferred Software Supplier has not yet passed the baseline testing and had their software solution approved for use, we will be unable to progress your registration until this approval is in place.
One of our customer service team will contact you within 10 working days to inform you about this delay.
For Single Registrations
When we have successfully verified your data, we will upload your data into the UKMVS and issue a User Name and Password and a link for you or your Software Supplier to download the Software Certificate. You will need all three components to be able to successfully logon to the UKMVS.
We endeavour to send the User Name and Password via normal post to the named individual at the address provided for the End User Location and send the link to download the Certificate to the Requestor email address you have provided within 10-15 working days.
When you receive all these details, follow the instructions in the email to download and install the Certificate and then login using the User Name and Password received by post.
If you have not received these details or been contacted within 15 working days please contact us at: email@example.com
For Bulk Registrations
The Bulk Registration process differs slightly due to the amount of data SecurMed UK are required to verify and process.
The Bulk Registration file you upload will be stored securely within our system and we will check the data entered for formatting and data integrity in the first instance.
One of our customer service team will contact you within 10-15 working days to confirm the next steps, which will include an expected timeline to complete your registrations and how and where we will delivery of login credentials.
When we have successfully verified your data, we will upload your data into the UK NMVS and issue a User Name and Password and a link for you or your Software Supplier to download a Certificate for each location. Each location will need all three components to be able to successfully logon to the UK NMVS.
If you have not been contacted within 15 working days please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will be opening soon.
“Registration will be opening soon.”